Monday, December 10, 2012

My Teachers #1

My Teachers: Michael (My Father)

My father was a city boy born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota; unfortunately making me a Vikings fan; he went military after college.  He traveled for the first few years of marriage with my Mom, and still travels after resigning from the military.  Currently, he works in Djibouti, Africa while my Brother, Mother, and I live in the states.

"Life's hard, truly a traumatic experience, for those who aren't good at it."

Life's cruelty seems to be the reoccurring theme of this blog (real positive), because it really is a mean world out there.  My father raised me knowing this so he taught me to see adversary as not only a challenge, but as an insult.  Insults are not taken lightly in my house hold, and are not left unquestioned.  My dad also taught me to deal with my problems by just jumping into them, a lesson he taught metaphorically while throwing me off a bridge into water (his way of curing my phobia of heights, bridges, and deep water).  My Father of the Year set the standard for facing my problems head on and I intend to stick to his lessons so that i can be "good" at life.  My kids will also be getting this lesson taught to them, although maybe not in as drastic of a way as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment